You are hereCalendar / Saturday social ride all levels welcome

Saturday social ride all levels welcome


flowbikes's picture

By flowbikes - Posted on 22 April 2015

Note that this ride is Cancelled.
NB: Originally posted elsewhere on the Global Riders Network and appears via syndication.
When: 
Saturday, 2 May, 2015 - 08:00

The meeting times are 'ready to ride'. If you need time to prepare equipment then please arrive a few minutes earlier.

Come Rain or Shine: 
If it has rained on this trail today, I won't be there.
Ride Database Entry: 
Manly Dam
Meeting Point: 

King Street (near corner with Arana Street), Manly Vale. You know - outside Manly Hydraulics Lab.

Show on Google maps: Meeting point. Login or register to get directions.
Details:

It has been a while since I rode, mainly due to a broken hand and some nasty weather, but if you are keen I am looking to do part dam, possums, sarrata/ghania, etc back to the Hydro.

Look out for the Mondraker truck

This is off due to bad weather

Who's in?
flowbikes
flowbikes
What Happened?

Were you there and have a story to tell?

Ride Gallery
Black Flash's picture

It's been biblical rain, I'd be thinking at least 3 weeks for the dam and associated tracks to be near enough ready to ride.
Obviously hoping sooner, but it will be more than 10 days IMHO.
Either way, council will let us know...

mike95's picture

i think the dam will still be very soggy & need more time to dry out

flowbikes's picture

Will see closer to the time, might have to skip some bits and on do the dry parts

MC's picture

Council update will be out soon but it will be closed for sure. It's closed after moderate rain let alone 300+ mm and the dam spilling. There were still some showers locally yesterday.

Doubt it will be even passable due to trees down either. Possums sounds impassable too from Dreggsy's post. There's so much damage around.

BT's picture

This will need to be cancelled. So much water around still, not to mention potential debris.

hawkeye's picture

Heaps of ground water leaking out from my driveway. Will be wet for at least another week without further rain, and further rain is forecast from Tuesday.

flowbikes's picture

Well lets see how it looks next Friday, if still to wet then will cancel

flowbikes's picture

So the forecast is for sun till Thursday and then torrential rain, I will see what eventuates and what is open and then update later in the week.

Rode out Mudgee way on Saturday, it was dry and some great trails built by the locals up there.

flowbikes's picture

Not looking good for the weekend at the moment, looks like my Mondraker Dune is going to get a clean and lube.

Daisy's picture

rain rain & more rain forecast. there is no way it will dry for you Sad
best to save your drivetrain & quality of OUR tracks.
Saturday would be a great day to do that repair/modification you've been putting off for months.

we're all in the same situation here....another weekend of wet tracks & no riding.
Cheers

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Best Mountain Bike